Saturday, September 28, 2013

Miss Philippines, Megan Young won Miss World 2013


Good news mga kababayan! Our very own Miss Philippines, Megan Young won the crown of Miss World 2013 that was held in Bali, Indonesia on September 28.


Our beauty queen won against 126 candidates from all over the globe. She even ranked first in Miss World 2013 App Online Poll and the most picked in every fearless forecast. During the finals,  Miss Philippines, Megan Young bested five other finalists, including Ghana and Brazil which are also strong contenders in the pageant. 


Other winners are from Ghana who took the third place and from France who took the second place. After she was chosen, the beauty promised to the judges that she will “be the best Miss World ever”.


Below is Megan Young’s post on Official Miss World Philippines Facebook Page before she won, 


 ”Many of my friends know that I am a very clumsy person. Right before I was about to go onstage, I slipped and fell flat on my bum! Blessing is disguise as they sometimes say because I got in the top 10 for our Top Model event! I’m so happy that I was chosen because I didn’t expect it at all since I’m not as tall as most girls in the competition. I guess “thinking tall” worked for me after all.


 ”To my countrymen, don’t lose hope. We have tomorrow and we still have a chance of winning. We fight proudly but we must be humble with our words. My heart, as well as your hearts are in this battle. This fight is for all of us. I hope to give inspiration to all Filipinos just like those whom I look up to who have fought for the nation. Philippines, Fight!”


Congrats, Miss World 2013, Megan Young! Your fellow Filipinos are proud of you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment